The Knicks fell quick within the fourth quarter in opposition to the Boston Celtics, shedding 101-99 on Wednesday evening.
Listed here are a number of takeaways from the sport:
1. RJ Barrett bought out to a robust first quarter, scoring eight factors on an ideal 3-for-3 from the sector with a made three. All-Star Jaylen Brown‘s 12 factors gave the Celtics a lead early on, however Derrick Rose drilled a 3 on the buzzer because the Knicks trailed 21-19 after the primary.
– After an intercepted cross by Taj Gibson, Immanuel Quickley bought out on the quick break and threw an alley-oop to Obi Toppin because the Knicks regained the lead 33-32 with 7:08 remaining within the second quarter.
– Julius Randle bought his second offensive foul whereas driving the lane with 1:56 left within the second, because the All-Star shot simply 3-of-10 from the sector with seven factors, six rebounds and 4 assists within the half. Barrett hit back-to-back threes within the closing minute, ending 3-for-3 from deep with 16 factors.
Regardless of Barrett’s scorching hand, Jayson Tatum began to get going with 9 factors and the Celtics led 47-46 on the break.
– Elfrid Payton helped give the Knicks a 57-50 lead with 8:13 within the third by hitting a 3 and making a layup after beginning the sport 0-for-4 from the sector. Brown made a 3 earlier than Tatum scored seven straight for the Celtics, who took a 60-57 lead two minutes after they known as timeout.
– Randle grabbed a defensive rebound and took the ball the size of the courtroom, discovering Nerlens Noel trailing, who then drew the foul and made each photographs to offer the Knicks a 64-63 lead. The forwards and backwards sport continued, as Randle and Brown exchanged threes. Randle had 13 factors within the third to assist the Knicks take a 73-70 lead into the fourth quarter.
– Rose scored on a artful layup to place the Knicks up 5, earlier than Tatum drilled a 3 pointer to make it 82-80 with 6:57 left within the sport. After a Tristan Thompson block that led to a different Brown bucket, guard Marcus Good made a 3 from the highest of the important thing to offer Boston a 87-85 lead.
Barrett nailed a clutch three with beneath a minute left within the sport to tie the sport at 93-93, nevertheless it was Good as soon as once more making a deep three to offer the Celtics the lead.
– Randle completed the sport with 22 factors, 9 rebounds, six assists, and three steals. After a tricky first half taking pictures, he ended 9-of-23 from the sector and 2-for-6 from three. Barrett wound up with 29 factors on 10-of-14 taking pictures, together with going an ideal 6-of-6 from three level vary.
Boxing out was an issue for the Knicks all evening lengthy, letting Boston out-rebound them 53-39, together with 16-5 on the offensive glass.
The Knicks will come again dwelling to The Backyard and play the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday at 7:30 p.m.