The celebrities for the Lakers, LeBron James and Anthony Davis, acquired to the road probably the most.
However solely James had a good evening capturing free throws, making eight of 11.
Davis was simply 5 for 10.
“They missed 10, so it was actually even from the road,” Lakers coach Frank Vogel mentioned concerning the 76ers going 16 for 26 from the road. “Good free-throw shooters are gonna have nights the place they miss free throws. Everyone concentrates on their work. They do their routine. They prepare for it. Cannot actually fear about it. You’ve got simply acquired to concentrate on making them subsequent sport.”
5 takeaways from the Lakers’ 107-106 loss to the 76ers after Tobias Harris made the game-winner with 2.4 seconds remaining.
1. The Lakers had been down 90-81 when Davis stepped to the free-throw line within the fourth quarter. He missed each.
The Lakers had been down 92-81 when James stepped to the free throw line within the fourth quarter. He additionally missed each.
That was part of the Lakers going 16 for 25 from the road. Davis was requested about his free-throw struggles.
“I’m not fearful about it,” he mentioned. “Missed two tonight after which made the ultimate two. So, at this level, it’s simply all psychological. It’s nothing that I’m actually fearful about. I’m going to proceed to attract fouls and get to the road and trust in my work that I’m going to make the free throws. I put a number of stress on myself to make free throws, to make groups pay for the fouling, and I haven’t been good at that this yr, however it’s one thing that I’m not too involved about.”
2. Alex Caruso made a number of large performs to assist the Lakers get again into the sport. His three-pointer reduce the Lakers’ deficit to seven late within the fourth quarter. Then he hustled for a rebound and tipped the ball out after a Davis missed shot.
That led to a three-pointer by Dennis Schroder that trimmed the Lakers’ deficit to 4. That compelled the 76ers to name a timeout with 1 minute 45 seconds left.
Caruso completed his evening with 10 factors on four-for-seven capturing, making his solely three-point try.
“AC is no matter we want,” James mentioned about Caruso. “AC is sort of a Swiss Military knife, to be sincere. For those who want scissors, a wine opener, fingernail clipper, you get a knife, he’s all that in a single. He can do all of it, he simply helps our ballclub in so some ways. He can carry the ball up, can play level, he can play off the ball, he’s capturing lifeless eye from three this yr and he defends at a excessive stage. And he doesn’t make many errors so that you at all times can stay with that. You may stay with a man on the ground like that and he simply performs championship basketball.”
3. The Lakers used the three-pointer within the fourth quarter to assist them get again into the sport, going 5 for eight in capturing 62.5%. However for the sport, the Lakers shot simply 33.3% (eight for twenty-four) from lengthy vary. Within the first quarter, the Lakers had been one for seven from three-point vary, 0 for 4 within the second quarter and two for 5 within the third.
4. Schroder’s teammates seen a distinct participant within the second half. He missed all 5 of his pictures within the first half, didn’t rating and was a minus-eight. However Schroder scored 16 factors within the second half, going seven for 9 from the sector. He was a plus-eight.
“I believe he began taking part in downhill,” Marc Gasol mentioned. “The paint opened up for him as soon as he made a few pictures from the surface. He was taking part in very aggressive downhill and acquired to the paint, acquired the and-one within the fourth quarter additionally. He was simply decisively to assault his defender.”
5. James performed heavy minutes contemplating the Lakers have back-to-back video games. They play at Detroit on Thursday evening.
James performed 38:32. He had 34 factors, six assists and 6 rebounds.
This story initially appeared in Los Angeles Occasions.